Natasha Allen is a partner with Foley & Lardner LLP, based in the firm’s Silicon Valley and San Francisco offices, where she is a member of the Venture Capital, M&A and Transactions Practices. Natasha is a strategic advisor for her clients, supporting leadership teams in complex decision making.
Prior to joining Foley, Natasha was a founding partner at a corporate and transactional law firm, where she counselled startups and emerging companies on debt and equity financing, venture capital financing, commercial matters and general corporate matters including formations, corporate governance, structuring and share issuances across a variety of industries including AI, fintech, robotics and life sciences. Natasha’s transactional experience includes mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including domestic and cross-border buy-side and sell-side transactions in AR/VR, software, cybersecurity, telecommunications and healthcare industries.
Natasha draws on a depth of experience developed in a combination of law firms, business consulting firms and startups in both Canada and the U.S. She was previously managing counsel at a technology enabled law firm where in addition to her management role, she acted as external general counsel for clients from inception through exit. Before her time there, Natasha practiced at various laws firms including at a US based multinational law firm. Natasha advised public and private companies in corporate and securities matters, mergers and acquisitions, public and private offerings, company-side venture capital financing, formations, corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
- Lead attorney representing a cybersecurity company in the sale of its assets to a global leader in cloud infrastructure and digital workspace technology
- Sole attorney representing a technology company building simulation software for the robotics industry, in the sale of its shares to a supplier of precision instrumentation and controls listed on the LSE
- Represented an AI company that designed a platform to diagnose eye disease in its sale of its assets to an international vision care health insurance company
- Represented a company developing a cloud-based mobile video platform in its merger with a cloud-based video marketing automation solutions company and an immediate follow-on Series A financing
- Represented a multi-national SaaS software provider in its Series F Preferred Stock Financing led by Accel U.S. and Sequoia India
- Sole attorney that represented an international augmented reality technology company in the sale of its shares to a large US public beauty retailer
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to joining Foley.
Natasha is an active leader inside and outside the office and is involved in several cultural and professional development initiatives and organizations. In the larger professional community, she is a board member of Leading Women in Technology, a non-profit that empowers women to develop their knowledge, leadership skills and networks for greater professional and personal impact. Natasha is also a lifetime member of the Black Women Lawyers Association of Northern California.
- Panelist, “M&A Term Sheet 101,” L2 Counsel webinar (July 14, 2020)
- Panelist, “IP in M&A Transactions,” L2 Counsel webinar (June 23, 2020)
- University of Waterloo (MTax, 2005)
- Queen’s University Faculty of Law (J.D., 2003)
- York University (B.A., with honors, 2000)