I work with emerging health care technology companies in telemedicine, digital health, and virtual care. Serving as Chair of Foley’s national Telemedicine & Digital Health Industry Team, I have helped hundreds of startups and venture-backed founders build and scale telemedicine arrangements across the United States, taking a number of them from slide deck to unicorn status. My approach to practicing law emphasizes strategic counseling, creative business modeling, and fresh approaches to realize clients’ ambitious and innovative goals.
I am a lawyer who embraces optimism and sees opportunity in uncertainty, rather than operating out of fear. Here are some quotes that deeply resonate with me:
- We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
- Doesn’t everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
- Be swift like lightning in the execution, and let thy blows, doubly redoubled, fall like amazing thunder on the casque of thy adverse pernicious enemy. Rouse up thy youthful blood, be valiant, and live.
- Fear tastes like a rusty knife and do not let her into your house. Courage tastes of blood. Stand up straight. Admire the world.
- And all should cry, Beware! Beware!
His flashing eyes, his floating hair!
Weave a circle round him thrice,
And close your eyes with holy dread,
For he on honey-dew hath fed,
And drunk the milk of Paradise.
Outside the office, I enjoy riding bikes and rowing, reading everything sci-fi, traveling to new places that make me uncomfortable, and playing all sorts of games with my children (particularly Magic the Gathering).